02 03 pinkschmink: Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 5 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 5

34
Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 5


Equipment tuxedo shirt, £255, Liberty ~ Figure-fit coat, £35, H&M
Tibi jacquard pants, £106.50, The Outnet (or these amazings) ~ Murphy brogues, £45, Asos
Marc Jacobs Mini Polly bag, £670, Harrods ~ Jon Richard crystal earrings, £6, Debenhams
Leopard floppy hat, £30, SimplyBe ~ Lanvin bow tie, £80, Liberty

Day four of LFW had been a much more relaxed affair (only half a dozen shows, it was practically a day off), so by day five I was feeling pretty zen about choosing something to wear that would see me through a day of shows and into an evening of after-parties. Fashion week after-parties are still work for me, though, so I had to choose something that was comfortable, reasonably professional and didn't mark me out as an alien from Planet Fashion. You see, sometimes there are boys at after-parties (and in fact there was a particular boy at one particular after-party ... but don't worry, there won't be any heart-shaped posts coming your way: as great as he seemed, he neglected to mention that he had a fiancée waiting for him back in NYC who also happens to be an actress in a hit TV show).

But I digress. This particular outfit (which, as always, didn't look exactly like this – you can see the real deal on Fashion Scout's Instagram if you really, really want) seemed so right when I left the house in the morning, but the more I look at it now, the more it seems kind of ... I dunno. What do you think? Is metallic and leopard and neon too much in one outfit, or do the minimal coat and shirt balance it all out? Should I experiment with more print mixing? And why oh why would any boy engaged to a (super-hot) TV actress spend half the evening flirting with a girl dressed like this?! Answers on a postcard ...

Labels:

35 36 37 38