02 03 pinkschmink: Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 1 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 1

34
Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 1


Isbael Marant pour H&M jacket (similar) ~ Eton men's shirt, £168.44, farfetch.com
Jonathan Saunders skirt, £250, Yoox (or in red) ~ Stella McCartney Anais shoes, £245, Matches
Celia tassel-trim bag, £22, Boohoo ~ Twisted pearl necklace, £98, J.Crew

Now obviously it's not day one of London Fashion Week today, but since I didn't decide what I was going to wear to LFW until the morning I was going I couldn't do these in advance. But anyway, here we have an approximation of what I wore.

Part of the reason I don't plan outfits in advance in general is that London weather is predictably unpredictable, and on the first day of LFW it was particularly vile. The Isabel Marant pour H&M bomber stood up surprisingly well to the downpour and gale-force winds (seriously, it's so damn cosy). My shirt, however – a lovely blue herringbone men's shirt from Hawes and Curtis – did not, and at one point I had a very sad-looking rain patch at the hem.

Still, everything is better with sequins, right? So I wore my pink iridescent fishscale sequin skirt, which is actually quite similar to the Jonathan Saunders one shown here in everything but price tag (mine was an amazing £4 charity shop find, 'cos I'm awesome like that).

What I can't show you here (but that I was very pleased with) are my DIY butterfly cufflinks. I love a men's shirt, but I don't love men's cufflinks, so I found a creative and pretty solution for holding my cuffs together. They may get a separate DIY post of their own shortly, when I can take an hour to shoot it.

In the mean time, tell me what you think! Did you struggle to dress for the weather at LFW or is that just me?

Labels:

35 36 37 38