02 03 pinkschmink: Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 3 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 3

34
Today I'm Wearing: London Fashion Week Day 3


Crew-neck jumper, £12, H&M (only available in grey or brown) ~ Joseph Earl blazer, £455, My-Wardrobe.com
Oscar de la Renta maxi skirt, sold out (similar) ~ Marc Jacobs Mini Polly Bag, £670, Harrods
Givenchy crystal ear cuff, £1,034, L'Inde le Palais (similar) ~ Mawi flower ring, £126, Stylebop
Pinko Black glitter belt, £29, Yoox

The third day of London Fashion Week, Sunday, was the only day that the weather forecast promised me it wouldn't rain, and so I felt it was probably the right time to dig out my gold lamé maxi skirt. Now obviously I don't actually own this particular (amazing) Oscar de la Renta version, seeing as even with 65% off on The Outnet it was more than most people's rent at £1,039. But I have been stalking it ever since I first saw it appear on Net-a-Porter some time ago (when it was £2,970). Rather than shrug my shoulders and accept that I would never own a pleated gold lamé maxi skirt, I spent a ridiculous amount of time hunting down the right kind of fabric to make it myself, and this was the version that went to LFW, having cost me a grand total of about £20 and many, many swear words directed at the fraying mess that was the hem come 5pm.

Still, I had my gold lamé maxi moment, and that made me happy. Which, at the end of the day, is what dressing should be about, right?

Labels:

35 36 37 38