02 03 pinkschmink: Today I'm Wearing ... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Today I'm Wearing ...

34
When it is utterly, utterly miserable outside, and you absolutely have to leave the house, throw on a bright coat. It may not make the rain stop, or your train run on time, or the queue for your salted caramel latte any shorter, but you will feel just a teeny bit better for defying the hideous weather and not dressing like you're going to a funeral.

Cardigan, £35.99, Zara ~ Slip dress, £50, Topshop ~ Planet coat, £249, House of Fraser
Riding boots, £140, Aldo ~ Sophie Hulme bag, £525, Net-a-Porter

This berry-hued number by Planet is my current go-to. I was sent it as a gift after attending the Mum & Me Coatwalk press event for my day job and I have hardly worn anything else since (despite owning approximately 7,652 coats). It is so cheery and cosy and flattering.

Underneath it, I've got a sort of luxe grunge thing going on. I am (just) old enough to remember this trend the first time around, so I can't quite pull it off in a literal, throwback, cool-Topshop-girl kind of way. So I'm wearing a vintage velvet-trimmed slip I found in a charity shop with a cardigan, my favourite classic riding boots and black opaque tights (natch – have you seen it out there?).

Recently, I've realised that I'm favouring very simple, small, long-strap shoulder bags, and specifically a little unbranded leather one I thrifted, that bears a striking resemblance to this beautiful Sophie Hulme one.

Labels:

35 36 37 38